Fully charged in 4 hours and weighing only 3kg (6.6lb), the Elcometer 280 can provide up to 30 hours of continuous use.
Rugged, shockproof, water resistant and incredibly safe: with its two stage safety switch, bright LEDs, screen icons and buzzer signifying when the high voltage is on, extended ribbing to protect the user from spark creep, and much much more, the Elcometer 280 raises the bar in safe pulsed DC porosity detection.
Users can either set the test voltage manually or can let the internal Voltage Calculator automatically set the gauge to the correct voltage required for their coating thickness value.
Supplied complete with 2 rechargeable battery packs (and charger), 5m (16) trailing earth lead, rolling spring holder and 250mm (9.8) extension rod; just select the appropriate probe electrode from the comprehensive range of accessories to suit your application.
The Elcometer 280 Holiday Detector Inspection Kit is supplied in a rugged, light weight wheeled transit case, designed to hold up to 6m (30) of stainless steel or up to 20m (66) of phosphor bronze rolling spring ideal for easy transportation to site.
The Elcometer 280 Pulsed DC Holiday Detector compliments the wide range of high voltage holiday detectors, low voltage and UV pinhole detectors available from Elcometer.
Using state of the art electronics, the Elcometer 280 allows users to inspect coatings - without connecting the earth return lead to the component substrate - ideal for inspecting large surfaces and pipelines.
- Flashing display, bright LED and a user adjustable volume alarm indicates detection of a holiday
- 0.5 - 35kV range (user selectable) for detecting porosity in coatings up to 25mm (1") thick
- Safety trigger integrated inside the handle cuts power if released
- Rugged, shock proof and water resistant design to ensure long life - even in harsh environments
- Balanced, ergonomic design, complete with shoulder strap allows long periods of continuous use
- A wide range of interchangeable probe accessories available - compatible with all Elcometer holiday detectors - please order as a separate item.
- Ideal for testing clean, damp, dirty or slightly conductive coatings
- Voltage calculator automatically sets the correct voltage from your coating thickness value
- Internal jeeptester ensures that the selected voltage equals the test voltage
301, Pacific Plaza, VIP Road, Kareli Bagh, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390018, India